With Christmas around the corner and trees in front of windows and staircases, the team decided on a Diy Christmas ornament theme. Because there is no such thing as too many ornaments.
Welcome to Everyday Edits.
The first thing you need to know about me is I am not the crafty one in the family. I was the kid who brought home the Fruit Loop crafts and my cereal pieces were glued around the edges of the construction paper. And I called it an unfurnished living room with Fruit Loop trim.
But over the weekend I was sorting through my craft box and found my stash of bronze bells I purchased online two years ago.
When the bronze-like bells arrived I was disappointed by their size. I had visions of large bells draped over the fireplace mantel. Instead, these tiny bells were better suited for Barbie’s Dream House.
And that is how I got the idea for this bell Christmas ornament.
HANDMADE BELL CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT
One of my favorite Christmas quotes is from It’s a Wonderful Life .. you know where this is headed with a familiar and comforting quote and my petite bronze bells. When I committed to this idea I made three identical DIY Christmas ornaments. for each of my adulting children.
RESOURCE LIST FOR HOMEMADE BELL ORNAMENT
- wired ribbon approximately 7-8″ in length
- thin garland approximately 6″ in length
- gold aluminum nameplate with the engraved message I ordered from this Etsy shop.
- I ordered thesel vinyl labels on Etsy as a backup.
- Measure the length of the ribbon depending on the size of the bell
- Thread the ribbon through the top of the bell
- Measure the thin garland (I bought this last year at the Dollar Store)
- Wrap the garland around the top of the bell and use the wired garland to attach the plate.
- I used the thin garland wire to attach the nameplate and add a pop of green!
- The nameplates come with a small hole on each side. I emailed Zach the shop owner, told him my plan, and asked him to punch one hold on the left side of the quote plate.
I purchased the engraved quote, but I knew it was something that each of my kids could have for their Christmas trees as they build their own nests.
Oh, and I may put one of the bell ornaments on this door!
Please pin it to your Christmas boards!
Thank you for stopping by today.