A few years ago I did not know the concept of a tiered tray. I know right? Now, tiered trays are all all over Pinterest and Etsy. I jumped on the tray train when I purchased this tiered tray. Now this multi-story tray is a decor staple at my house. Tiered trays are perfect if you are short on counter, table or living space because they use the vertical space. This is also a great staple if you are renting. It is like a Christmas tree-the scene-stealer of a room
Think of a tiered tray as the condo of all tray designs. For comparison, a coffee table tray is more like a ranch style home. #realtorlife
Now that I joined the trend, my tiered tray is a kitchen table staple for the seasons and the holidays. I love it! The point of a tray is to corral stuff. It’s like celebrating the holidays in a contained space. It is an investment piece.
TIERED TRAY TIPS
When this tray went on sale I snagged it in white. Honestly, I would love it in the stain too.
Over the last year, I have a few tray tips and how to save money on those cute little tray decor items.
TIERED TRAY TRAITS
In a slightly overdramatic voice; tiered trays changed my life. At least my kitchen table’s life. Tiered trays:
- use vertical space saving valuable counter space for all holidays
- can be used year-round
- work great for holidays, food trays and even a hot cocoa station like this one.
- can be used in any room from bathrooms to kitchens.
Our only limits are our imagination and budgets. Speaking of budgets.. here are a few tips or suggestions because tiered trays are a thing.
TWO OR THREE-TIERED TRAY
- Two or three-tiered? I ordered a two-tiered tray because my galvanized tiered tray did not fit under my cabinets. Yes, I know this is my burden. Wink!
- Two-tiered trays require fewer little seasonal pumpkins and 4th of July woodblocks.
- Three-tiered trays work well on kitchen islands or tables as long as they don’t hit the lighting. Double-check the width and height if you buy a tray.
- My galvanized tray is perfect for the patio (or a DIY bird feeder), but it is too clunky in the kitchen.
TIERED TRAY BUNDLE TIPS
If you are asking what is a bundle I got you! Tiered bundles are cute holiday or seasonal theme wood blocks specifically designed for a tiered tray.
A bundle is a genius way to sell (and buy) lots of cute finished woodblocks designed for these popular trays.
Tiered bundles are all over Etsy. They are very cute, but if you bought enough “bundles” to fill your two-tiered tray it would cost more than a pair of Jack Rogers sandals.
Here is a cute Americana tiered tray bundle for summer.
HOW TO SAVE A BUNDLE ON YOUR BUNDLES
- Look for the seasonal sales on Etsy or just buy a two bundle pack (Etsy sellers give customers lots of options and price points).
- Recently, I found small seasonal decor objects at Hobby Lobby and Marshalls.
- I purchased these plastic containers with lids for every holiday and/or season.
I stack them on a storage shelf in the basement so I can see crossover holidays.
What’s that? A cross-over or multi-seasonal bundle is when this cute pink truck works for Valentine’s Day, Easter and and spring. The see-through plastic (stackable) bins make it easy to find and sort.
I save random 2×4 scraps. Don’t have scraps? Check out the scrap or cull wood bin in the back of the lumber section at Home Depot. It is scraps of wood. It is a great find if you do not have a friend or spouse with a tablesaw.
Recently, I painted the opposite side of an Etsy 4th of July block. I plan to add a cute sticker.
I shared how to save money and shop your house for petite objects.
Thank you for stopping by today. I feel a little like Annie Wilkes the character in the movie Misery. I am a tiered tray’s biggest fan! Would love if you pinned this image (the Pinterest pin pops up in the top right corner by the T). Or follow Everyday Edits on Pinterest!
If you would like to receive the Weekend Edit it includes projects, tips and seasonal ideas delivered to your inbox on Saturday mornings. You can sign up for the Everyday Edit’s weekend newsletter here.