Welcome to the Weekend Edit. Thank you for showing up this morning and opening this 3-4 minute breezy, lighthearted newsletter. My husband is visiting our son in Dayton for 42 hours. I have the house to myself. He gets nervous when he sees me pull out the paint cans as he heads to the airport. The only thing that scares him more is when my sister is with me.
.A huge shout out to Katie from Preppy Empty Nester who shared my blog with her readers. My name is Laura and you can read about me here.
AND NOW IN THE BEST NEWS OF THE WEEK … NATHAN CHEN!!!!
Can we just take a minute for Nathan?! If you missed his gold medal performance you can watch it here. His story, after a terrible finish in 2018, is a reminder to all of us. Never give up! He is studying the same major as my youngest (except Nathan is at Yale) and he (Nathan) is an Olympian. Evan is a state champion x3 and he is also an accounting major (proud mama bear). And my kids do not read my blog. ;0)
Does anyone know if Nathan’s parents were at the Olympics? Awkward? You Can read his story amazing story here.
Oh my gosh, he nailed every triple axel, a triple lutz and the triple toe combination while skating to reworked songs by Elton John. I had to rework The Weekend Edit because how do I follow Nathan Chen?
- In breaking news I am going to tackle a charcuterrie board. This lady is my inspiration.
- How are your resolutions? Do you remember when I celebrated the new year with a 1/2 dozen donuts? Well those pounds showed up last week.
- So I am back to this plan.
- I watched When Harry Met Sally. Do you have a favorite romantic comedy?
- Who has watched Emily in Paris? My girlfriend texted me while on a flight to some where really sunny, to tell me I reminded her of Emily. I thought she meant Emily’s mother. Or maybe she said I talk like her or something. I am curious because I could be her mother.
- And you know who her dad is, right?
- Guess what I am going to watch this weekend? #wink
THE WEEKEND EDIT .
DID YOU SEE THESE POPULAR POSTS ON EVERYDAY EDITS?
CHECK OUT MY GOODWILL TRAY FOR WINTER TO SPRING DECOR
Comments: I think I nailed my favorite color combo for winter: pinks, creamy whites and greens.
KEEP THESE PEANUT BUTTER +CHOCOLATE BITES IN THE FREEZER
EMPTY NEST HUSBAND
Disclaimer: My husband is working on his list for me. I will share his later!
WHAT I BOUGHT ON JCREW FACTORY ONLINE
Okay, this is my 3rd sweatshirt (it’s dressier than a sweatshirt). I think my collection is complete. I love the green one too! I could have skipped the off-white one.
Thank you for stopping by today! I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit at the top of my home page. Have a great weekend!
Click here to sign for The Weekend Edit.