Happy Saturday morning. It is chilly in morning in Colorado. Yesterday was Veteran’s Day. For several years I have stepped out of my comfort zone to approach veterans (identified by their baseball hats, service caps, or jackets) to thank them for their service.
It is my small gesture and it always generates a warm response.
So please please thank a veteran every time you get a chance. Spread kindness.
We also make a monthly donation to this nonprofit.
In other news, our Friday morning started with my husband informing me we had a problem. I apologized for my snarky comments from the day before. No, not us, but our water heater. he explained.
Apparently, our water heater gave out after twenty years, three teenagers, four dogs, 700 loads of laundry and as many dishwasher cycles.
So no shower status was in effect until our plumber could get to our house. We canceled our dinner plans with friends at our house after I explained to my husband we needed hot water to wash the fully loaded dishwasher and to shower. I think he considered a cold shower and paper plates.
WATCHING + READING + FINDS
- If you enjoy a dry sense of humor I recommend the short book, Dear Committee Members by Julie Schumaker.I met the author at the Erma Bombeck Writers’ Workshop. The books is about a college professor tasked (asked) to write dozens of LOR (letters of recommendation) over the course of an academic year.
- I ordered this jacket at Evereve and love it. It dresses up denim or leggings. True to size.
- Have you watched Derry Girls on Netflix?
- Here is a fun recipe for a twist on stuffing.
- Carol shared these pumpkin recipe ideas.
- I made a ten-second video for my real estate firm’s hiring campaign last week. Since I was dressed up and had a good hair day I made a video for my newsletter sign-up campaign.
- Scroll to the bottom for my newsletter campaign video on my youtube channel.
DID YOU SEE THESE PROJECTS THIS WEEK?
Before you go can I ask a huge favor? I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter. Thank you!
Here is the video newsletter campaign.