Happy Weekend! It is sunny skies but chilly temps in Colorado. My week started when I stopped (get it) at the LOFT (the store). The sun was shining, and my car sparkled after a $10 car wash. I was ready for a productive, but busy week.
As I approached the LOFT’s entrance I saw undressed mannequins behind the glass entry doors. Slightly unsettled, given the cold temps, my first thought was they (the mannequins) must be freezing. As I leaned in to read the printed announcement taped to the window I realized the store had closed and relocated to an existing LOFT location nine minutes away.
Yes, this is a first-world problem. This store closure changes my weekend errand route completely. But you know what is more unsettling?
This has the makings of a Progressive commercial.
WATCHING + READING
- Was anyone surprised by the Alex Murdaugh verdict?
- I started the book, Dear Edward.
- These pre-listing tips were a popular post last week.
- Any guesses what the germiest place is in your kitchen?
- Click here for the germiest kitchen item.
- I was close when I shared this kitchen tip (reminder) last fall.
- This showed up in the mail and it is darling for spring.
- If you are looking for spring pillow covers I love the ones I ordered from Etsy.
- My friend and favorite preppy empty nester shared her favorite shows.
- I repurposed a cylinder shape in my floral arrangement below. Any guesses about what was originally in the cylinder container?
- Last week’s Weekend Edit.
I have three maybe four of these side button sweaters. I would describe them as dressier sweatshirts. I get so many compliments. The colors are seasonal. I wear them with jeans or shorts if it’s a chilly evening. On sale most of the time and true to size.
I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter. Thank you!