Happy New Year! First, let me start with the fires that swept through Superior/Louisville/Boulder (northwest of the Denver metro area). These families and communities are starting the new year with catastrophic losses and grateful hearts.
To lighten the mood around here I thought it would be fun to share my random list of predictions and resolutions. Okay, it’s just one prediction and a few resolutions. I shared these with my family over the holidays. It’s like me in my own Progressive commercial.
Sidenote: Can I tell you how many times I started a conversation with my adulting children with, ” I know this sounds like a Progressive commercial.”
If you are not familiar with these commercials start here.
Speaking of homeowners insurance. Have you watched any of Peyton Manning’s commercials for Nationwide?
My prediction: Peyton Manning is going to get his own sitcom as a retired NFL player.
I want to hear your resolutions. Do you make any? Do you keep it at one resolution? Let’s work on them together. In the middle of the year, I started these daily habits. With the exception of the last two weeks, I think I can officially call them routine. I shared the post below.
- My personal goals (resolutions) include to read 12 books. I know- don’t judge me. My kids bought me a Kindle so hopefully I can put my I-Pad (with a Chrome browser) aside.
- Another goal is to unsubscribe from my favorite online stores (I did this for two online retailers). I did not visit either site until it took us six hours to get home from a day of skiing last week.
- Practice the motto, “less is more.”
- Walk/run outside more.
- And the biggest challenge will be to follow a recipe from beginning to end. If you know me, you kow ihave a problem with some of my recipes. #wink
- Have you put away the Christmas decorations? I am more of an ease out of Christmas girl.
- I am cleaning out this closet.
- We watched this movie on Prime.
- We should have stopped watching this movie. Some of us fell asleep.
- We did stop watching this movie. I reread the summary twice and still don’t understand the plot.
- In other news my kids did not love this phone gadget as much as I did when I ordered it for myself (and then ordered it for everyone in the family). #fail Now let’s move on to the Weekend Edit.
THE WEEKEND EDIT
READERS FAVORITES IN 2021
READER’S FAVORITE HACKS & TIPS AT EVERYDAY EDITS
VERY SMALL CHANGES TO LOSE A FEW POUNDS
THE POWER OF AN EXTENSION CORD
WHAT I BOUGHT ON AMAZON
This Thymes Frasier Fir is a seasonal favorite. There is no such thing as too many candles!
Thank you for stopping by today! I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. Click here to sign up for The Weekend Edit.