My youngest is dressing up as a hotdog for a fraternity party. I think he should comment on this post because he has quite the stories that end with, oh yes I did. The funny thing is those same stories start with, hey mom, funny story. #babyevan
How many of you have an Oh yes I did story? Where you embarrassed your spouse, kids, co-workers or complete strangers? I have enough for an entire post., but here’s two. Will you share yours in the comments?
- The day I forgot to pick up the kids in the carpool line and had to walk into the front office to retrieve my kids and my friend’s three boys. It’s not that I was late to pick up the kids that embarrassed my daughter. No, it was what I was wearing. It was the sheer horror on my daughter’ face when I walked into the main office wearing a pair of sweats the color of Dubble Bubble pink chewing gum (and a paint splattered sweatshirt).To this day, my daughter retells this absolutely mortifying story that I showed up in pink sweats. I now wear grey sweats.
- I should tell Miss Sassy Pants the story of when her grandmother made a pair of shorts from the leftover fabric used to make “custom” window curtains for her new Suburban.
- Or on a morning filled with errands a sweet college age boy tapped me on the shoulder and said, “I thought you would like to know, because I know my mom would like to know, you have something in your hair.” I reached behind my head to pull a purple velcro roller from the base of my neck. At least he didn’t say my grandmother.
So that got me thinking- what are your most embarrassing moments? I would love to hear them in the comments! Any tennis players reading because we always have a few stories.
- We finished Season 5 of Billions. It’s fun to watch how the storyline handled Covid.
- Have you heard about a granny flat in the backyard? I love this idea.
- These just arrived and they are on sale and perfect for my dining room table.
4. One of my favorite actresses’ house use is not what I imagined.
5. My favorite preppy empty nester is back with her favorite shows, movies and books. It’s a must-read!
6. One of my favorite food bloggers shared an apple butter recipe.
7. This lady will single-handedly bring back the stencil craze from the 90’s. She is an amazing woman and I am happy to call her my friend.
7. If you are a football fan check out this cake pan.
DID YOU SEE THESE POPULAR POSTS?
HOW TO DECORATE WITH (DEAD) BRANCHES
I have to add a little more to these branches because my husband could not wrap his head around bringing dead branches into the house. And this is a guy who woke up to me painting our kitchen at 4am when I was eight months pregnant. Nothing should surprise him at this point. Bless his heart.
TIPS FOR A FALL FRONT PORCH FOR NOVEMBER
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
SHOP MY FAVORITES FOR THE HOME
Thank you for stopping by today! I would love it if you subscribed to my YouTube Channel for Made in USA products and brand finds! It’s something I am passionate about (in addition to my Realtor life and blogging and family and holidays and seasons). Have a great weekend!