Happy Weekending! I may not have used the words OH NO when I realized my wedding ring was not on my second from the left finger Thursday afternoon.
One of the perks of being a real estate agent is sometimes I inherit things when my sellers don’t have room on their moving truck for the non-essentials. My friend was thrilled when I offered to take her elevated garden planter sitting on the side of her house. She knows my struggle to grow produce is real.
My son and I hauled the planter onto our deck. Fast forward to Thursday and I decided to fill the planter with dirt from last year’s Costco planters. It was a typical Colorado afternoon with chilly temps and wind.
To save time as the sun neared the mountain ranges, I scooped the dirt from one planter to a smaller planter. It would be easier to transport the smaller planter to the deck. I used my hands to scoop the dirt and not garden gloves.
After ten minutes of filling and dumping dirt, I realized my wedding ring was missing- not my fake, but the real one.
Except I used more colorful language. I searched the dirt-filled garden box and the two planters.
To shorten this story – I found my wedding ring but not before dumping all of the dirt from both planters onto our flagstone patio and began to spread the dirt out as one does with a graham cracker crust into a 9×12 baking sheet.
Have you ever lost something valuable-either sentimental or monetary (not including a 401k)?
WATCHING + READING + LOVING
- It was a busy week with a few projects to check out below.
- I ordered this outdoor wreath for our side yard gate.
- I wrote about our sideyard last spring.
- My favorite preppy baker shared this yummy donut recipe.
- This apple-pear salad looks yummy!
- My Friend KariAnne showed us her office makeover! I took notes. Stay tuned!
- I am not surprised this jacket sold out! I got mine last week and love it! Get on the list!
- What do you think of these wooden vases? Feeling a little retro vibe!
- I started buying hand soap in bulk! Here’s the hand soap pump I ordered. It’s so pretty!
FROM THE ARCHIVES
INSERT IMAGE CENTERED
My husband and sister love these solar pathway lights! Makes a great gift too!
Find them below or in my Amazon store here.
I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter. Thank you!