Good morning! Thank you for joining me for the Weekend Edit. My house looks like the Homegoods stockroom on a Sunday evening. I know because I was there last weekend and it took me 25 minutes to purchase 5 must-have items. Lucky for me I was in line behind the nicest lady and we ended up talking for the entire length of the queue. And then I realized …
I am my mother. My mom has the personality to start a conversation with a stranger with two hearing aids while in an elevator. My mom connects with strangers who don’t speak English as their first language. I attribute this skill to her personality and she is a retired nurse.
I, on the other hand, avoid chit-chat. Maybe my mom is on to something because I met a woman who was on her first errand without a post-neck surgery collar. I think we both walked away with a smile in our hearts and our must-have Homegoods finds.
What did you do/say that made you realize you had become your mom?
If you like this question make sure to check out these conversation starters over the holidays. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with friends, family or neighbors or strangers if you have dinner reservations.
PS The roasted chicken at Season 52 would be perfect for Thanksgiving. I think it comes with sides!
THE WEEKEND EDIT – November 18th
WATCH, READING + LOVING
- It was a fun week at Everyday Edits.
- The Etsy gift card giveaway is still running! Entries are low.
- My Dallas-based friend Carol shared these entertaining shortcuts!
- I shared this Tuesday Tip (on Wednesday).
- Look at this craft with a tired baking sheet from my friend Kim!
- If you are shopping Crate & Barrel’s sale this weekend this trio is my favorite.
- If you win the Etsy giveaway this garland is my favorite. My nieces would say lovvvve it!
- Did you take a look at what happened on the blog? I’ve got a centerpiece for you.
- Here are a few last-minute Thanksgiving centerpieces.
SCARVES WORK INDOORS AND OUTDOORS ON CHILLY DAYS AND COLD KITCHENS
HAPPY WEEKENDING TO YOU! I LOVE TO READ YOUR STORIES AND COMMENTS
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post
I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter. Thank you!