THE WEEKEND EDIT + LIES LIES LIES YEAH
Did you catch the Thompson Twin reference in the headline?
What happened to them and are they really twins?
So there were 1 1/2 lies in last week’s Weekend Edit.
My sister caught it and had a funny comment. I think it’s funny that no one guessed the lie.
Before I reveal it you can reread the original list:
10 TRUTHS AND A LIE LIST
- I lived in a trailer my first year of life.
- My maiden name is an alcoholic beverage spelled backwards.
- I cannot tread water.
- I was introduced to my husband by his ex-girlfriend.
- My dad was in the seminary to study to be a priest.
- I auditioned to be an Oscar Mayer hotdog mascot in college.
- My husband and I separated on before our one year anniversary.
- My first car accident was with a rabbi.
- I have a re-ocurring nightmare that I am short 3 college credit hours of Spanish.
- On more than one occassion I blamed the missing brownies/cookies on our dog(s).
- I told a white lie so my younger son could be in his brother’s confirmation class.
Disclosure: We are an open book with our adulting kids. We are open about all of the struggles and successes. They have heard all of the truths and probably a few more lies. ;0)
Some of you know me better than others, but we often get an idea of one’s personality through their words, written or spoken. Do you agree?
Most of my friends tell me I write the blog (not residential property contracts) the way I talk.
So basically I am a squirrel with verbal skills.
I love all comments so thank you.
Because like my mother-n law used to say, … she did not care if people were talking about her behind her back, she was just thrilled to be trending. #bestmotherinlawever
Total aside: but that chair is very similar to these chairs.
I did not try out to be an Oscar Mayer hotdog mascot in college. No one thought this was a lie. It just makes me giggle when I reread that sentence.
If you have watched my Youtube videos you might think that explains shy she why she auditioned to be a hotdog.
My acting skills are best suited inside of a foam hotdog. ;0)
But, my daughter auditioned for an Oscar Mayer commercial with her best friend Jacob. Sadly, neither Jacob nor Ash made the cut.
But for a brief moment, we had hopes of her on the Rosie show!
I wonder what happened to the winner?
- Here is the NYC home of the creator of the top shows trending on Netflix.
- Let’s get to it!
DID YOU MISS THESE POSTS FROM THE WEEK?
YOU MUST CHECK OUT THIS BEFORE + AFTER OFFICE HUTCH
THIS WEEKEND PROJECT MIGHT CHANGE YOUR MOOD
Thank you for stopping by today! I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit- an easy-breezy four-minute read with a cup of coffee (or tea) on a Saturday morning.
THE WEEKEND EDIT STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
You’re too much, Laura. No one caught the Oscar Mayer hot dog? It just means we think you can do anything!
Thank goodness you can tread water!!! John saw the list and went on one of his rants about the importance of being able to swim. I told him I had 3 terrifying reas of swim lessons…Mom and Dad did make us learn to swim unti we graduated out of beginner level.
The photos are so pretty and cute, Sissy! I absolutely love the family photo! Gorgeous! And Evan’s classic “waz up” chin up pose!
Love this post and your beautiful family photo! xo