I tell myself to close my eyes and count to ten. I get to ten and then I count to twenty. I am awake enough and debate if my day starts at 2:35 am. I count to thirty.
I tell myself not to conjure up the random thoughts that pop into my head in the middle of the night.
Someone is snoring- either my husband or one of our Bernese Mountain dogs. One of them is sleeping behind my knee- it’s Elliott, not my husband.
I count to ten again. And somewhere between the numbers four and seven, I remember- I forgot to Google Burl Ives.
You know the voice of Sam the Snowman in Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. Well, I can’t Google him now so I count to ten, again. Earlier in the day (now yesterday), I heard one of his Christmas songs and I just well.. wondered. What’s Burl Ives’s story?
And then that got me thinking- what is the funniest thing you found yourself thinking about at 3:12 am? Please share in the comments or in my email.
Oh and you can find Burl Ives’s story here on his wiki page.
WATCHING + READING + FINDS
- I finally bought This jacket .
- I am reading the Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. It’s about a fictional (or is she?) Hollywood actress that begins in the 1950s. I love this movie era so I am imagining the popular real-life actors for all the characters in the book. So good!
- I think I may switch to dryer balls. Have you tried this brand before?
- Here are My Preppy Kitchen’s favorite Thanksgiving sides.
- If my kids are reading mom wants his cookbook. To quote one of my nieces- “he’s so handsome.”
- If my mom is reading this Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
DID YOU SEE THESE PROJECTS THIS WEEK?
Before you go can I ask a huge favor? I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter. Or sign up a friend, sister, aunt, or mom. Thank you!