THE WEEKEND EDIT + IT’S 2 AM
I tell myself to close my eyes and count to ten. I get to ten and then I count to twenty. I am awake enough and debate if my day starts at 2:35 am. I count to thirty.
I tell myself not to conjure up the random thoughts that pop into my head in the middle of the night.
Someone is snoring- either my husband or one of our Bernese Mountain dogs. One of them is sleeping behind my knee- it’s Elliott, not my husband.
I count to ten again. And somewhere between the numbers four and seven, I remember- I forgot to Google Burl Ives.
You know the voice of Sam the Snowman in Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. Well, I can’t Google him now so I count to ten, again. Earlier in the day (now yesterday), I heard one of his Christmas songs and I just well.. wondered. What’s Burl Ives’s story?
And then that got me thinking- what is the funniest thing you found yourself thinking about at 3:12 am? Please share in the comments or in my email.
Oh and you can find Burl Ives’s story here on his wiki page.
WATCHING + READING + FINDS
- I finally bought This jacket .
- I am reading the Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. It’s about a fictional (or is she?) Hollywood actress that begins in the 1950s. I love this movie era so I am imagining the popular real-life actors for all the characters in the book. So good!
- I think I may switch to dryer balls. Have you tried this brand before?
- Here are My Preppy Kitchen’s favorite Thanksgiving sides.
- If my kids are reading mom wants his cookbook. To quote one of my nieces- “he’s so handsome.”
- If my mom is reading this Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
DID YOU SEE THESE PROJECTS THIS WEEK?
Before you go can I ask a huge favor? I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter. Or sign up a friend, sister, aunt, or mom. Thank you!
I used to wake up in the wee hours of the morning and try my hardest not to think of anything. Somehow, that didn’t work. After about an hour of mulling over everything, I’d drift back to sleep. I hardly ever wake up anymore. I’m older and I tire easily. Haha.