THE WEEKEND EDIT HOMEGOODS STOCKROOM
Happy Weekending! It’s beginning to look like Christmas at our house. It also resembles the stockroom at Homegoods.
We have a real tree in our family room and a few years ago I purchased a pre-lit, ornaments-included tree at Homegoods. It was on clearance. My husband had dropped me off at Homegoods and the plan was for him to pick up a pizza and swing by Homegoods and pick me up on the way home.
Then I sent him a text inquiring if a 7-foot tree would fit in his car.
This might explain why my house is starting to look like the stockroom at Homegoods … the day after Christmas.
Do you have a real or artificial tree? How many trees do you have in your house this month?
This week I went to an ornament exchange and a book club dinner. This empty nest stage keeps me busy and it is nice not to return home to permission slips and empty lunch boxes next to the kitchen sink.
WATCHING + READING + BAKING
- Our January read is Winter Solstice. I am listening to this on Audible. Only 17 more hours! t
- Looking for a Christmas cookie recipe? Try one of these recipes.
- Check out the cutest parade in Breckenridge (CO).
- I might try to make these next week.
- This cookbook is a bestseller & on my Christmas list. I hope my family reads the Weekend Edit.
- Curious what the #1 bar drink ordered was in 2022? I never would have guessed this one.
- Did you watch this season’s the Crown? What did you think?
- A reader, friend and former client recommends these reusable grocery bags! On my list too!
I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter. Thank you!
Here is the video newsletter campaign.
I have two trees up. My main faux tree in in the living room and my smaller frosted tree (no ornaments) is in my guest room where it shows through the atrium to the dining room.
I think Winter Solstice is one of my favorite winter books.
Your festive decorations look great. Home Goods has such fun Christmas accessories.
Enjoy the weekend.
thank you Karen, Only 15 more hours to read/listen to the book! xo laura
Glad you stopped by my blog! We spent Thanksgiving in Steamboat Springs–a favorite town
I also LOVE HomeGoods but I am on a de-clutter, or should I say “add no more clutter” mission so I try not to buy too many decorative items any longer as I feel we have enough. Of course, that does not include fancy food items to consume and Home Goods always has many of them to choose from.
We did watch The Crown. Poor Diana…it brought that era all back. My husband has been enjoying all the World Cup games — our children played soccer for many years so the games are exciting to us.
I never heard of the cookbook you wish for! Does she have a blog?
Have a very Merry Christmas!
Lovely picks. Does no bake bars look delicious. Happy Reading/Listening.