Happy Weekending! Raise your hand if you had to remind yourself what day it was this week. I may be onto something when I shared this idea on The Weekend Edit .
I almost missed an appointment because I thought Wednesday was Tuesday. And by almost missed I mean I realized the meeting 36 hours in advance. I am a Virgo.
Today I am sharing my first job after college (not to be confused with my first job in high school)
My first job out of college was with a marketing department to convince college students and companies with more than 200 employees to donate blood.
I was like a party planner for blood donors. We served cookies and juice and the party lasted 30 minutes.
I was reminded of my first job this week when I donated blood on Wednesday, I mean Thursday, for the Children’s Hospital in Denver at a mobile donation site (hosted by a company).
I pumped out a pint in under six minutes. I think I could have donated another pint! There is something very powerful about helping another human’s life in less time than waiting in the Starbucks drive-thru on the first day of the Pumpkin Spice latte.
- What’s your sign?
- Have you been to a yard sale this season?
- Can anyone identify this herb in my elevated garden bed? It’s growing next to the Basil, but this looks different.
WATCHING + READING + LOVING
- We are watching Bear on Hulu. It is about a family-owned restaurant in Chicago.
- I am reading What Alice Forgot for book club. I love the audio version because I can walk, make dinner, fold laundry and “read” at the same time. It is not about dementia.
- Check out Chirp for discounted audiobooks. No monthly fee.
- My friend Carol shared this 3 ingredient Pina Colada recipe!
- I ordered more of these solar path lights.
- My family room rug is on sale at Amazon this weekend.
- This was my most popular blog post in June on Everyday Edits.
- The recipe is on repeat, but I updated my notes!
FROM THE ARCHIVES
Notes: I shared this recipe a few years ago. Last week, I made it with a thicker graham cracker and butter crust. It has the texture of a cheesecake, but the plain Greek yogurt takes out some of the sugar.
Shop Notes: My favorite Nordicware baking finds!
I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. If you have a friend, auntie, sister, mom, neighbor who may enjoy this please forward to them!
You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter. Thank you for your support, comments and friendship!