Happy Weekending! We have an anniversary this month. As I highlighted our anniverary on my calendar so I wouldn’t forget ( do not judge) it got me thinking about a conversation with my husband about yard work. Every one in a while I will have a flashback to yard work as a teenager. I forgot about the yardwork drama and thinking of every possible excuse to get out of mowing the acre size lot. And then, the other day my husband asked
if I could help him with the yard work that had been pushed back because of all the rain. I looked at him with my sagging upper eyelids and told him no I could not help him for the next 12-14 days. It was out of my hands .. or maybe it was because of my hands.
I blamed it on my manicure.
If I cannot help with yard work or sanding mantels t is because my manicure is under twelve days old. It would be wasteful for that top coat to chip.
So when I told my husband I could not destroy my freshly shellacked nails he nodded in agreement.
He gets me.
Sidenote: In my defense, I clean up the dog messes of two 100-pound dogs because unlike hauling mulch, poop cleanup is not hard on my nails.
And this is why our marriage works. Happy Early Anniversary because chances are I will forget on the actual day!
And I wonder if freshly painted Revlon neon pink nail polish excuse would have worked with my dad.
QUESTION: How did you get out of household chores as a teenager? Please share in the comments for others to read or email me for my eyes only!
I loved reading about your first job stories.
WATCHING + READING + LOVING
- Thanks to many of your comments I returned to Mrs. Maisel. I am so happy I did.
- We watched the last episode of Ted Lasso. I loved the Sound of Music sendoff.
- Here is a list of farmer’s markets if you live in the Denver metro area.
- Love these to keep my berries fresh! They are under $10 and look neat in the fridge!
- Below I share how to stage a basement, loft, or bonus room. I am going to share the best tip here: take photos of a room that has you in a rut. Okay now go read the updated post below!
- These Etsy prints are great to define a room (literally).
- Listening to Carnegie’s Maid. Has anyone read it?
FROM THE ARCHIVES UPDATED
I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter. Thank you!