It is a beautiful morning in Colorado with no humidity. After a few days with my youngest in Dallas, I was ready to return to “cooler” temps and Evan was ready for me to stop talking. Together, we survived navigating the highways and overpasses of Dallas (the overpasses feel like the luge event at the Winter Olympics.
Evan got a break from his mom’s defensive (cautious driving habits), when I met my blogging friend, Preppy Empty Nester, for lunch at Honor Bar. Is it just me or could we pass as sisters?
While waiting for Evan to pick me up (talk about role reversal) Katie-M recognized Mark Cuban shopping at the type of mile high-end stores where one could shell out more money than we owe on our mortgage.
Evan and I found the home of his great-grandparents and his grandfather.
We knocked on the door and explained Evan’s relationship to the previous owners who lived there in the early 1940’s before serving on General MacArthur’s staff in Japan during the post-war reconstruction.
The current owner was happy to let us take a few photos on the front yard.
Grandmother Mary would be thrilled that their home and neighborhood were beautifully maintained.
WEEKEND FINDS AT EVERYDAY EDITS
- Just finished Molly Shannon’s (from SNL) biography. Her childhood is not what I expected. I love her more after reading her book!
- These muffins look yummy!
- These are on clearance & I just purchased with my Rewards.
- Do you have a favorite antique find? Check out what Liz Marie did with this find.
- It has been decades since I stenciled. This looks fun!
- I wore this in Dallas and loved the casual, cool fabric.
DID YOU SEE THESE POSTS AT EVERYDAY EDITS?
CHECK OUT THIS GOODWILL FIND
FROM THE ARCHIVES BUT IS AN FRIDAY NIGHT STAY AT HOME VERY CASUAL DINNER
CHECK OUT MY FAVORITE AMAZON PURCHASE FOR OUTSIDE + FATHER’S DAY GIFT
Thank you for stopping by today! I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter.