Hi friends! How are you? I had a tennis match the other night and played with my friend Michelle. As I watched her hit the fuzzy yellow ball cross-court her strokes were smooth like a Nutribullet blended Smoothie. Just smooth
And my tennis strokes were more like the 30-year-old Farberware blender we got as a wedding gift. The parts are still there, but the motor is strained and clunky with sudden stops. That familiar clunky sound when it gets stuck ( like in no man’s land if you know tennis lingo).
It just occurred to me right this minute that maybe if I was focused on the match and not my blender analogy we might have won.
But the blender analogy works for so many of the things in our lives. Sometimes the lessons are in the older, reliable appliance than in the new, flashier Smeg models.
Sidenote: I do own and love my Smeg coffee maker despite the poor design and negative reviews.
Do you ever feel like an appliance?
It makes me giggle to type the question. But sometimes my days and are just clunky and all I really need is a moment to unplug.
FINDS + FAVORITES AT EVERYDAY EDITS
We have a month of small trips so my month is packed with work commitments and home projects during the week. Speaking of work, I have a new listing coming up if you know anyone wanting to downsize to a no basement and main level living patio home. #realtorlife
- Does anyone know if Home Depot has cornstalks and pumpkins?
- My favorite floral store is having a sale this weekend. I ordered one 6′ garland.
- I added one more of these sweaters to my fall wardrobe.
- This is a fun read by the author of A Man Called Ove. I am out of town for our bookclub, but my friend CiCi said I would love the book. I do.
- I updated my Amazon store with fall blankets + finds you might love too.
DID YOU SEE THESE POSTS FROM THE WEEK?
Before you go can I ask a huge favor? I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter. Or sign up a friend, sister, aunt, or your mom (just tell them you signed them up please)! Thank you!