Happy Weekending. We have a situation with our dogs barking incessantly when it is time for a W-A-L-K.
Did you ever watch the movie or read the book The Miracle Worker? It is the story of Helen Keller and her teacher, Annie Sullivan.
Do you remember the scene where Annie Sullivan spent a day teaching Helen to eat her eggs with a utensil? Eggs were everywhere, except on her plate or spoon, but Annie did not quit!
I am playing the role of Annie Sullivan and our Bernese mountain dogs are barking over the chance to play the role of Helen Keller.
So I googled how to stop dogs from barking when we get ready to go on a W-A-L-K.
Here is the first thing to pop up on my Google search:
A dog who barks when excited (e.g., before going for a walk) is harder to work with because your pre-departure cues are usually highly ritualized. Do not reward your dog with what they want until they’re calm. If the dog barking happens as soon as you go for the leash, drop the leash and sit down. Repeat until your dog is quiet. This technique requires patience, but if you are diligent, your dog will quickly learn that quiet equals a walk.
I wonder if this works with other family members.
QUESTION What is the last question you asked Google? Please share in the comments below or email me!
WATCHING + READING + LOVING
- I cannot wait to wear these loafers and this sweater blazer .. The shoes are under $20. The sweater blazer is super comfy.
- My adulting boys introduced me to Arrested Development. I did not watch it the first time around. Kind of like Suits which is a favorite of mine!
- Mymost recent youtube video has over 1200 views. It plays on a loop if you want to take a nap.
- Scroll below for the tip that explains the video.
- Marty shares this fall tablescape thru Thanksgiving! I know but it will be here soon.
- Several of you asked about my online (free) workouts. The best way to share with you is on my Pinterest workout board. These are my favorite-I modify most because the instructors are young! But there are some favorites I have used these videos for years!
- Here is the link to my Pinterest Workout board.
FROM THE ARCHIVES (I will be making these this weekend).
I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter. Thank you!