Happy Weekending! My weekend started with a conversation Friday night with a guy named “Mike” with Amazon customer support. Have you heard of the Amazon password quiz?
Neither had I until I got locked out of my Amazon account because I could not find the credit card with the last 4 digits that Amazon apparently had on their end.
I ended up on a call with customer support at 5:30 pm on a Friday night. I was informed if I could correctly answer three account verification questions I would regain access to my account. I breezed through the first two questions. The final question required three answers that I had to answer correctly to get back into my account.
Customer support Mike: Laura, what were the last 3 three items you ordered on Amazon? Oh geez, this is worse than a pop quiz in geometry. There is an Amazon order at stake.
I asked Mike, what happens if I flunk the quiz?
Mike: Excuse me, Laura, what happens if you??
Me: Flunk, flunk, fail the quiz I ask half joking because this call is being recorded for training purposes.
Mike assures me not to worry if I fail the quiz. It will not impact my GPA. Wink.
My shoulders relax, slightly.
Okay, Mike. I’m ready.
- Kelly Green pillowcases – Yes Laura that is correct
- Um.. I hope I don’t have to say the words beige bras ( 6 for $14.95) to Mike. Instead, I enthusiastically yell out I ordered a 3 pack of reading glasses! Yes, that is correct.
Okay, very good Laura. Now I just need one more item you recently purchased. And then Mike throws me a lifeline.
Laura, what is the last streaming service you ordered? I shout out Yosemite, but I meant to say Yellowstone, but I really meant to say 1923 with Harrison Ford. At this point I am on the phone version of the Price is Right.
And then Mike clarifies he needs the name of the streaming service, not the show title or the actor who played Jack Ryan in Patriot Games.
I shout out every streaming service I can recall from the home screen when I nail it with Paramount +, Mike. It would be Paramount +And, I can see Mike’s smile over the phone as he joins me with an enthusiastic Laura, … that is correct! And just like Mike refreshed something on his side of the screen and waited for me to confirm I could log in to my Amazon account. And then you know what happened?
I forgot what I needed to order 14 minutes earlier.
What is the last thing you ordered on Amazon?
Here’s another Weekend Edit post that asks the question.
What do you do when you are wide awake at 2 am?
WATCHING + READING
- I am in the middle of the book The Secrets You Keep
- A friend recommended this book if you are interested in the history of Northern Ireland.
- I love JCF’s Kelly green. I just ordered this blouse.
- Have you ordered a wreath from Amazon? I love this one.
- Another blog friend, and Colorado resident, Pat recommended The Last of Us on HBO. It is based on a video game and I keep hearing about this sci-fi-like show!
- We are in the middle of Your Honor Season 2. Bryan Cranston is amazing.
- My Preppy Empty Nester friend, Katie keeps talking about an Olive Oil Sundae.
I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter. Thank you!