We were in Dayton (Ohio) for Parents Weekend. My son shares a rental house with seven friends. There are some home-related decor decisions I cannot unsee. This weekend designated for parents and family generated two thrifty decor tips:
- a Michelob box can be repurposed into a trashcan in the guest bathroom (for the moms)
- Apparently, duct tape is an efficient way to hang window treatments & keep out the light.
- I cringe when I see an exposed boxspring (just add to my visceral reactions list).
It’s the little things that I appreciate about my house after returning from a house of college boys (young men).
I have a new appreciation for trashcans.
Toilet paper holders are the workhorse in the bathroom.
I miss the twinkly lights in my daughter’s college apartment (with three of her best friends).
Dayton has a tradition of welcoming parents with signs outside their rental homes. We believe we have the best guys on campus.
WATCHING + READING
- We are watching Dahmer. It is heavy. And it is a reminder to trust your instincts.
- I finished the book The Maid. I loved the internal dialogue of the main character.
- Thank you to everyone who follows my scrappy youtube channel! I reached 100 followers!
- I am a contributor on Hometalk. You can check out the DIY site here.
FINDS + FAVORITES AT EVERYDAY EDITS
DID YOU SEE THIS POST FROM THE WEEK?
1. Shop Crate and Barrel Bakeware including Made in USA here.
2. Shop my home favorites here.
3. These napkins for Thanksgiving
Before you go can I ask a huge favor? I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter. Or sign up a friend, sister, aunt, or your mom (just tell them you signed them up please)! Thank you!