THE WEEKEND EDIT PARENT’S WEEKEND
Hello, FALL showed up in Colorado.
We were in Dayton (Ohio) for Parents Weekend. My son shares a rental house with seven friends. There are some home-related decor decisions I cannot unsee. I did leave with two thrifty decor tips:
- a Michelob box can be repurposed into a trashcan in the guest bathroom (for the moms)
- apparently, duct tape is an efficient way to hang window treatments & keep out the light.
- I cringe when I see an exposed boxspring (just add to my visceral reactions list).
It’s the little things that I appreciate about my house after returning from a house of college boys (young men).
I have a new appreciation for trashcans.
Toilet paper holders are the workhorse in the bathroom.
I miss the twinkly lights in my daughter’s college apartment (with three of her best friends).
Dayton has a tradition of welcoming parents with signs outside their rental homes. We believe we have the best guys on campus.
WATCHING + READING
- We are watching Dahmer. It is heavy. And it is a reminder to trust your instincts.
- I finished the book The Maid. I loved the internal dialogue of the main character.
- Thank you to everyone who follows my scrappy youtube channel! I reached 100 followers!
- I am a contributor on Hometalk. You can check out the DIY site here.
FINDS + FAVORITES AT EVERYDAY EDITS
DID YOU SEE THIS POST FROM THE WEEK?
1. Shop Crate and Barrel Bakeware including Made in USA here.
2. Shop my home favorites here.
3. These napkins for Thanksgiving
Before you go can I ask a huge favor? I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter. Or sign up a friend, sister, aunt, or your mom (just tell them you signed them up please)! Thank you!
I sweat to God, if you don’t stop posting the shoes and J Crew items, I am going to go broke. By the way, I ordered two very similar J Crew Teddy sweaters…you probably already have this color, but I’ll send a pic.
The EB flannel dog sheet are adorable! I wish I didn’t have marathon-worthy night sweats.
The post about Even is hilarious! That kid/young man cracks me up, and your stories are even funnier.
Love, love, love opening my email on Saturdays so I can read your posts!
love you sissy!
Thanks for all the fun links! I just visited both my college kids, and was slightly relieved that their dorm rooms were not disaster zones! You just never know what you’ll find when you visit. Have a wonderful weekend.
Thanks, Laura. I’ve been looking for a cart for my kitchen and the galvanized PB cart works size-wise and fits the budget.
Your visit to Parents Weekend for your son made me chuckle. Our two sons lived very much as you described. The oldest lived in his fraternity house for sophomore-senior years. The parents would spruce things up in summer and by parents’ weekend it was in disaray which is a polite understatement. They are both tidy as adults so maybe it’s a rite of passage thing. Haha
Thanks so much for dropping by and for your kind words!! I watched the first episode of Dahmer so far…I have to get back to it and watch more….
Stay safe, healthy and happy!!