THE WEEKEND EDIT
I MADE IT TO OCTOBER 2ND
Thank you for sharing your Saturday morning with me! What are your plans for the weekend?
- Our daughter and her husband (that sounds so weird- in a good way) returned from her (their) honeymoon in South Africa.
- I finished a book where the main character is an Octopus.
- My friend Noreen in Ohio reads books like I scroll through Jane.com. She told me about this book last summer (2022) and I was on the waitlist forever. That is how I found Chirpbooks.
- This week’s tip is a donut hack for Halloween. Make them with your kids, for a Halloween party, or with the grans.
- In the new year, I embarked on a spending hiatus. I made it to October 2nd
- and then I went on a bender at Evereve and J Crew Factory.
- I bought 2 pairs of jeans, this turtleneck sweater, and this three-season blazer. I hope the jeans fit, but my credit card hopes I return them.
Where do you shop when need a little retail therapy?
WATCHING + READING + LOVING THIS WEEK
- My favorite find this week – these orange striped, fall kitchen towels.
- Wrap the towel around a wine bottle for a hostess gift.
- This ten-minute stretching video is on repeat – it is that good. You can do it in your jammies or jeans. Maybe I’ll wear my new jeans to stretch!
- My favorite book this year is hands down Remarkably Bright Creatures. Here is a link to the audio which I really, really recommend. This link is for an audiobook on Chirpbooks.com. It’s $2.00. with the link above. Chirp is an audio bookstore like Audible but with no monthly fee. The minute I heard “the voice” of one of the main characters I was hooked. It turns out the Audible is only $6.00 right now.
- My Colorado friend Pat (who blogs about our wonderful state and entertains us with amazing wildlife photos made this Tomato Dill Pie. Pat helped me with a dessert for my book club last winter.
- Stay tuned for a Pottery Barn gift card giveaway coming up later this month!
And the most popular post this week
HAPPY WEEKENDING TO YOU! I LOVE TO READ YOUR STORIES AND COMMENTS
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post
I would love it if you subscribed to the Weekend Edit. You can sign up here for a Saturday morning easy-breezy newsletter. Thank you!