This fall harvest Chex Mix is not your mother’s Chex mix
I grew up with the classic Chex Mix with pretzels, cocktail peanuts, the Kroger version of the rice and corn cereal and the Wheat Chex® cereal (because the Wheat did not come in the Kroger brand).
And, lots of Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion powder because my mom loved the seasonings.
So when I discovered there was a whole world of Chex Mix combos that included chocolate, pumpkin spice and M&M’s it was like discovering Netflix.
And just like Netflix I binged my way through the weekend with a bowl of Chex Mix filled with candy corn and chocolate M&M’s.
This recipe is the perfect combo of sweet and salty and then add the pumpkin spice! Who knew?
Yes those are Bugles nestled between pretzels and peanuts coated with a brown sugar and pumpkin spice flavored melted butter goodness.
Tip: I am going to save you four mintues walking up and down the chip aisle. The Bugles are located near the Pringles. Look up.
FALL HARVEST CHEX MIX RECIPE
FALL HARVEST CHEX MIX
- 4 CUPS CHEX RICE CEREAL OR GENERIC
- 3 CUPS MINI PRETZELS MINI PRETZEL STICKS WOULD WORK
- 3 CUPS BUGLES NEAR THE PRINGLES
- 1 CUP DRY ROASTED PEANUTS
- 1/2 CUP M&M CANDIES
- 1 CUP HARVEST MIX CANDY CORN
PUMPKIN SPICE COATING
- 1/2 CUP BUTTER
- 1/2 CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 2 TSP. VANILLA
- 3 TBSP. PUMPKIN SPICE
- 1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 275. PREPARE WITH BAKING SHEET FOR EASY CLEANUP. TRUST ME2. IN LARGE MIXING BOWL COMBINE THE CEREAL, PRETZELS, BUGLES & PEANUTS
- 3. IN GLASS BOWL, MICROWAVE BUTTER AND BROWN SUGAR FOR 1 MINUTE (ISH).
- 4. REMOVE FROM MICROWAVE, STIR IN VANILLA & PUMPKIN SPICE5. POUR PUMPKIN SPICE MIX OVER THE CEREAL MIX AND STIR TO COAT6. POUR ONTO PREPARED BAKING SHEET & BAKE FOR 30 MINUTES, STIR AFTER 15 MINUTES (IT'S MORE LIKE A GENTLE FOLD BECAUSE THE PAN IS FULL). 7. REMOVE FROM OVEN AND COOL COMPLETELY. TRUST ME. 8. TOSS THE M&M'S AND HARVEST MIX CANDY CORN
The most difficult part of this recipe is waiting for the cereal, pretzels, peanuts and Bugles to cool.
This is when the magic happens. Once cooled you toss in the M&M’s and Harvest candy corn mix.
Tip: The seasonal M&M’s went fast at our Kroger. I missed out on the fall theme M&M’s and ended up sorting the browns and oranges for my version of the Harvest M&M mix.
It was a tedious task, but someone had to do it. #snarkasm
I usually double this recipe and ship it to my college age boys. It is a great idea for a care package party.
Thank you for stopping by today! I would love for you to pin this image for reference!
Thank you for stopping by today. If this recipe makes you thirsty here is a fun fall refresher.
Please check out my other recipes for fun seasonal ides like these