Sharing a seasonal zucchini ribbon salad recipe
If you like easy recipes you are in the right place.
Regular readers of Everyday Edits you likely stumbled upon one of my recipes. You also know that it’s rare for my recipes to not go off the rails somewhere between “preheat the oven” and “let cool.”
So I was psyched when I made this zucchini ribbon salad without any ingredient mishaps.
Zucchini is in the final stretch for the garden season here in Colorado. My dad dropped off zucchinis which weighed more than my 3rd child at birth.
I could not make one more of these cakes. keep baking this cake.
So when I found this recipe in Stanley Tucci’s cookbook (a gift) and it had only four ingredients it was like Stanley whispered to me, “you got this.”
What I loved about this zucchini salad was the short list of ingredients (salt, pepper and lemon juice).
The hardest part was not having a fancy peeler and grabbing the only peeler I had in my kitchen drawer.
I suggest transferring the zucchini ribbons to a paper towel before plating them to soak up the excess moisture.
I don’t know if it would make the zucchini perkier a little longer. If you have suggestions on perkier zucchini please leave me a comment.
ZUCCHINI RIBBON SALAD RECIPE
Also, this is a last minute prep salad. You don’t want to leave this out for long or it starts to get “tired.”
ZUCCHINI RIBBON SALAD
- 3 ZUCCHINI
- 1 LEMON JUICE OF 1/2 LEMON
- 1 DASH KOSHER SALT + GROUND PEPPER
- 1/4 CUP OLIVE OIL
- `1 PIECE PARMIGIANO-REGGIANO OR PECORINO SHAVINGS
- PEEL THE ZUCCHINI + DISCARD DARKER SKIN
- USE A POTATO PEELER TO SHAVE EACH ZUCCHINI INTO RIBBONS
- DISCARD THE SOGGY INTERIOR
- SET ZUCCHINI RIBBONS IN A BOWL.
- IN SMALL BOWL OR MEASURING CUP WHISK LEMON JUICE, SALT + PEPPER
- ADJUST AS YOU LIKE.
- TOSS ZUCCHINI WITH DRESSING + SHAVE PARMIGIANO TO TASTE
- SERVE IMMEDIATELY BEFORE RIBBONS GET "SOGGY."
Thank you for stopping by today. I would file this under a perfect recipe for beginners-like these desserts.