Well, it happened. It’s only June and the family is tired of chicken and pasta. I have four or five (more like two to three) go-to recipes at 5 pm. And, with longer days and warmer nights, I pulled out this cheeseburger eggrolls recipe. This eggroll based recipe is perfect for after-work snacks or a late night mini meal for teenagers!
My boys (all of them) will eat anything with the word cheese and burger in the description.
The hardest part of these cheeseburger eggrolls was finding the wonton wrappers at the grocery store. Our Kroger keeps them in the produce section by the fancy root vegetables.
The filling is the best part of this recipe because of its flexibility. I used a ground turkey as the protein because it was in my freezer. But, the options are endless. It’s vegan-friendly with black beans and tofu! Or load it with ground beef for the carb and meat eaters in the family.
I also toss in the random 1/2 cut onion and peppers that look a little past their perkiness.
The salsa and shredded cheese work to disguise the tofu crumbles for picky eaters.
Shh… that’s our little foodie secret.
Well, it happened. It's only June and the family is tired of chicken and pasta Click To Tweet
- 1 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- 1/2 RED OR WHITE ONION CHOPPED
- 1 POUND GROUND BEEF, TURKEY, TOFU
- 1 CUP CHEDDAR OR FAVORITE CHEESE, SHREDDED
- 1 TBSP WORCESTERSHIRE SAUICE
- 1/2 TBSP GRAINY MUSTARD
- SESAME SEEDS FOR "TOPPING"
- 1 PACKAGE EGGROLL WRAPPERS
- 1. HEAT SKILLET WITH OLIVE OIL. ADD ONION AND LET IT "SWEAT." 2. ADD GROUND BEEF, TURKEY OR TOFU, BREAK IT UP SEASON WITH SALT & PEPPER DRAIN3. ADD MEAT TO ONION IN BOWL AND LET COOL4. ADD CHEESE & WORCESTERSHIRE & MUSTARD TO SEASON5. BRUSH EACH WRAPPER WITH WATER TO ACT AS A GLUE 6. PLACE 1/3 CUP OF MEAT & ONION MIXTURE INTO CENTER OF THE WRAPPER, FOLD CORNERS CREATING A LONG SKINNY ROLL. 7. PLACE ON BAKING SHEET ** AND SPRAY WITH COOKING SPRAY. USE FOIL TO CATCH THE SESAME SEEDS.8. FINISH WITH SESAME SEEDS BAKE AT 375 FOR 20-25 MINUTES*** I HAVE ALSO WRAPPED AND TUCKED EACH WRAPPER INTO A MUFFIN PAN 3.5.3226
Check out other family friendly Rachel Ray recipes here.