I gave up (reduced) my dessert intake after I made these frosted sugar cookie bars. These cookies are really like a cookie cake because they taste like cake. I know it’s like a hybrid of cake and cookies. But, these frosted sugar cookie bars taste like … cake. There I just broke all the baking rules by calling these frosted sugar cookie cake bars.
It reminds me when Jessica Simpson called Starkist Tuna … wait for it… chicken.
We knew when we heard her say it something was off, but we had to say it over in our minds to get past the tuna and the chicken comparison.
Well, these frosted sugar cookie bars taste like cake. And, I mean cake.
I found this recipe from Christine at I Dig Pinterest after another recipe I found on Pinterest had a huge mistake in the ingredients list.
These are the perfect dessert bar when you can’t decide between cookies or cake. It’s that simple. You don’t have to decide ever again. Unless you want a frosted sugar cookie bar… then click here for my favorite sugar cookie bar recipe! No cookie cutters needed!
You can just make these frosted sugar cookies bars because they taste like a white cake.
The only thing in the recipe that you have to watch for is the time. My oven trends hot so I should have taken 1-2 minutes off the 20 minutes suggested time. They still tasted great, but they got a little dry after a day. Of course, there weren’t many left after day one! Enjoy!
RECIPE RIGHT HERE
Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars that Taste Like Cake
- 1 CUP SALTED BUTTER, SOFTENED
- 1 3/4 CUP SUGAR
- 1/2 TBSP. VANILLA
- 2 LARGE EGGS
- 1/2 CUP SOUR CREAM
- 2 3/4 CUP FLOUR
- 2 TSP. BAKING POWDER
- 3/4 TSP. SALT
BUTTER CREAM FROSTING
- 1/2 CUP BUTTER, SOFTENED
- 3 1/2 CUPS POWDERED SUGAR
- 1 TSP. VANILLA
- MILK MILK TO THIN FROSTING
- PREHEAT OVEN T0 350 GREASE OR LINE 9X13 PAN WITH PARCHMENT PAPER
- IN BOWL, CREAM BUTTER, SUGAR
- ADD VANILLA, EGGS, SOUR CREAM
- IN SEPARATE BOWL, WHISK FLOUR, BAKING POWDER & SALT. ADD FLOUR MIXTURE TO WET MIXTURE. DON'T OVER MIX THE TWO.
- SPREAD BATTER INTO PARCHMENT LINED 9X13 PAN.THE BATTER IS STICKY SO I USED ANOTHER SHEET OF PARCHMENT PAPER TO PRESS INTO EDGES AND CORNERS OF PAN
- BAKE APPROXIMATELY 20 MINUTES. MY OVEN TRENDS HOT SO I TOOK 2 MINUTES OFF SUGGESTED TIME. YOU WANT VERY MOIST, NO BROWN EDGES.ALL TO COOL. USE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING.
Looking for a straight-up sugar cookie bar? These are my favorites.