the weekend edit
I am obsessed with picket fences. Apparently my pinning history suggests a picket fence obsession. I decided to make my obsession helpful for others and share a little picket fence fall decor inspiration.
We have two picket fence gates and no fence in our backyard. Our backyard is tiered with stone retaining walls.
What a difference a day makes. On my way to carpool we got a call that a Bernese Mountain dog was available for adoption. We needed two gates.
We would have built a new fence if it was a requirement.
Over the years I started to decorate the gate for the summer and added a wreath at Christmas.
I shared my first attempt here.
With all of these picket fence decor ideas swirling in my head I wanted to share a little of what I loved for fall.
There is a little something for everyone in this picket fence fall decor post.
If you do not have a picket fence I got you covered. Share your favorites in the comments! And, thanks for stopping by today!
Picket Fence Fall Decor Inspiration
- This first picket fence wants me to move to a home with a white picket fence. Just a couple of pumpkins stacked on opposite sides adds a touch of fall. It’s a great reminder to not overthink picket fence fall decor.
2. This next fence and gate includes a built-in arbor. On a side note, I have a stone wall next to one of our gates and I never thought to add pumpkins to it.
3. I love this picket fence too! My practical side is going to jump in and mention the cute Adirondack chair blocks the gate.
I am my father’s daughter.
Picket Fence Fall Decor for the Porch
4. This next home is a reminder you do not need a fence to create the feel of one. Is this not the cutest red wagon on the front porch? This would work for a patio home or townhome where there may not be a need for a fence.
5. I love this idea to use a partial fence in the yard. I think this would be a great idea for a garden behind the fence.
Tip: Check in the very back of Home Depot for scrap lumber for free or on clearance.
6. This might be a favorite picket fence too. Look at that roof complete with shingles. I plan to add a red wagon to my garage sale wish list.
7. I saved my favorite picket fence for the end. I mean, just look at it. This fall decor on the picket fence is filled with inspiration. Just look at those corn stalks, ribbons and pumpkins for miles.
I need to step up my picket fence fall decor game.
Seriously if you pull back you can see the pumpkins and corn stalks down to the driveway.
Picket Fence Fall Decor
What do you think? Do you have a favorite? I would love to hear your thoughts or ideas in the comments.
Thank you for stopping by Everyday Edits! If you want a fun ready BH&G shared a great article on the nostalgia of a picket fence here.
Here are a few staples I use to decorate my gates.
And if you need a little eye candy…