these peanut butter Hershey kisses may have broken my baking curse
The struggle is real for me to both follow and finish a recipe AND for it to look the way it was intended. You know, like the pinned cookie recipes on my PINTEREST PAGE.
Finally, I made a batch of peanut butter cookies with a Hershey kiss on top that look as yummy as they taste.
If I burn every other tray of cookies this season I can end the Christmas season that I can add peanut butter Hershey Kisses cookies to my line up for favorite cookie recipes!
Can we all agree that almost every cookie and sweet treat tastes better with a Hershey Kiss? Like this seasonal favorite.
This year I ditched the Crisco bars and used butter. And, after how many years of baking, I finally realized the importance of room temp butter. I thought it was just for the real bakers. But it turns out it makes everything creamier-like a good moisturizer.
I probably could have saved a ton of money on our new oven if I had just learned to bake with softened butter and eggs at room temperature.
All these years I blamed it on my oven. #wink
PEANUT BUTTER HERSHEY KISSES RECIPE
My favorite part of this recipe is when it is time to remove the baking sheet from the oven and gently press the kiss into the warm peanut butter cookie.
Tip: Always unwrap your Kisses before you put your cookies into the oven.
You only have seconds to time the placement of the Kiss on the warm peanut butter cookie. If that cookie cools those Kisses are not going to stay on the cookie.
Do you use butter or Crisco sticks for your peanut butter cookies?
3/4 CUP BUTTER SOFTENED
1 1/4 CUPS CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
1 1/2 CUPS LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
1/2 CUP SUGAR
2 TSP VANILLA
1/2 TSP BAKING SODA
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
1/4 TSP SALT
2 3/4 CUP FLOUR
1 BAG MILK CHOCOLATE HERSHEY KISSES
1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 350
2. LINE BAKING SHEET WITH PARCHMENT PAPER
3. IN LARGE BOWL CREAM BUTTER, PEANUT BUTTER, BROWN SUGAR & SUGAR.
4. IN SEPARATE BOWL ADD THE FLOUR, BAKING SODA, BAKING POWDER + SALT.
5. ADD THE DRY INGREDIENTS TO THE BUTTER MIXTURE AND MIX WELL.
6. SCOOP DOUGH WITH TABLESPOON, AND ROLL INTO 1″ BALLS.
7. PLACE ON PARCHMENT, SPACE ACCORDINGLY BASED ON DOUGH BALL SIZE
8. BAKE 10-12 MINUTES UNTIL THE TOP OF COOKIE “SETS”
9. REMOVE FROM OVEN ADD HERSHEY KISS TO TOP AND PRESS EVER SO GENTLY.
PEANUT BUTTER HERSHEY KISSES
- 3/4 CUP BUTTER, ROOM TEMP
- 1 1/4 CUP CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
- 1 1/2 CUP LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- 1/2 CUP SUGAR
- 2 LARGE EGGS
- 2 TSP. VANILLA
- 1/2 TSP. BAKING SODA
- 1 TSP. BAKING POWDER
- 1/4 TSP. SALT
- 2 3/4 CUP FLOUR
- 1 BAG HERSHEY MILK CHOCOLATE KISSES UNWRAP BEFORE BAKING
I shared these cookies on my Instagram.
Sharing one more recipe for peanut butter and chocolate bars. Yes, that one.