This is not the title of the recipe in Siri Daly’s cookbook, Siriously Delicious. When I made her Sneaky One Pot Mexican pasta I made it to the second ingredient in her recipe when I made my first recipe edit.I skipped the package of frozen butternut squash puree. I didn’t even know that was a thing? Once I made one substitute it was much easier to make the second and third edits. I substituted salsa for the taco sauce and I used spaghetti noodles instead of the ziti she used for her cookbook photo.
As the name suggests, everything cooks in a large, shallow pot. It requires no heavy prep work other than cooking the ground turkey. It could easily
And, you know what? This One-Pot Mexican Spaghetti recipe tasted amazing! I make this recipe at least once a week and my son takes the leftovers to school the next day. Even my picky husband loved this south of the border take on spaghetti.
This one pot Mexican spaghetti was fail-proof even with my ingredient edits! I cannot say enough about how much I love Siri Daly’s cookbook you can find here. I made her spinach balls for a party and they were a hit!
ONE POT MEXICAN SPAGHETTI
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 ounce taco seasoning packet
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 jar taco sauce or salsa
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1/4 cup scallions to garnish
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan.Add ground turkey and cooking until no longer pink. About 5 minutes.Sprinkle in taco seasoning, adjust to taste.Add pasta, chicken stock and taco sauce or salsa until combined.Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stire, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until pasta is al dente (12-15 minutes).Add the cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Add scallions. So Good!