This Mexican spaghetti is a fun twist on spaghetti. My family loves it during the fall and winter months when the grill is down for a long winter’s nap.
The ingredients are easy and you most likely have them in your pantry or fridge.
MEXICAN SPAGHETTI RECIPE
And, you know what? This One-Pot Mexican Spaghetti recipe tasted amazing! I make this recipe at least once a week and my family loves the leftovers.
- 1 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- 1 POUND GROUND TURKEY OR CHICKEN
- TACO SEASONING PACKAGE
- 8-16 OZ UNCOOKED SPAGHETTI PASTA
- 2 CUPS CHICKEN STOCK
- 1 8 OZ JAR TACO SAUCE
- 1 1/2 CUPS SHREDDED MEXICAN CHEESE BLEND
- 1/4 CUP CHOPPED SCALLIONS (OPTIONAL)
- HEAT OLVE OIL IN LARGE SAUCE PAN OVER MEDIUM HEAT
- ADD GROUND TURKEY OR CHICKEN, COOK UNTIL CRUMBLED AND NO PINK
- SPRINKLE IN TACO SEASONING
- ADD PASTA, CHICKEN STOCK AND TACO SAUCE
- BRING TO BOIL OVER MEDIUM-HIGH HEAT AND BRING TO A BOIL
- STIR, COVER PAN, SIMMER UNTIL PASTA IS AL DENTE (APPROX 12-15 MINUTES)
- ADD CHEESE AND SAUCE. ADD SCALLIONS AND SERVE
I cook this in a medium size dutch oven with lid.
Even my picky husband loved this south-of-the-border take on spaghetti.
MY KITCHEN FAVORITES
This Mexican spaghetti recipe was fail-proof even with my ingredient edits! I cannot say enough about how much I love Siri Daly’s cookbook. You can order it here.
Here is another favorite appetizer /dinner recipe I make it’s just me. Freeze well too!