ONE POT MEXICAN SPAGHETTI
This is my go-to dinner recipe when I am short on time or ingredients. All you need is ground turkey, chicken or beef and a box of spaghetti. The great thing about this one pot Mexican spaghetti is you can substitute spaghetti noodles for any other pasta. It is that flexible. I snagged this recipe from Siri Daly’s cookbook, Siriously Delicious.
When I made her Sneaky One-Pot Mexican pasta recipe I made it to the second ingredient before I made my first recipe edit.If you are a follower at Everyday Edits you know my recipes take detours.
I skipped the package of frozen butternut squash puree. I didn’t even know that was a thing? Once I made one substitute it was much easier to make the second and third recipe edits. I substituted salsa for the taco sauce and I used spaghetti noodles instead of the ziti she used for her cookbook photo.
And, I created my version of a one-pot Mexican spaghetti recipe.
As the name suggests, everything cooks in a large, shallow pot. It requires no heavy prep work other than cooking the ground turkey. It could easily be a vegan-friendly dish with tofu crumbles. I broke the spaghetti pasta into thirds so it would cook evenly and be more bite-size friendly.
You know, to slow down the shoveling of this tasty, spicy one-pot dish.
And, you know what? This One-Pot Mexican Spaghetti recipe tasted amazing! I make this recipe at least once a week and my son takes the leftovers to school the next day. Even my picky husband loved this south of the border take on spaghetti.
This Mexican spaghetti recipe was was fail-proof even with my ingredient edits! I cannot say enough about how much I love Siri Daly’s cookbook. You can order it here.
This is a new favorite appetizer or side dish from her cookbook.
ONE POT MEXICAN SPAGHETTI
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 ounce taco seasoning packet
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 jar taco sauce or salsa
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1/4 cup scallions to garnish
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan.Add ground turkey and cooking until no longer pink. About 5 minutes.Sprinkle in taco seasoning, adjust to taste.Add pasta, chicken stock and taco sauce or salsa until combined.Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stire, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until pasta is al dente (12-15 minutes). Add the cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Add scallions. So Good!
My kind of easy meal! Yum!!
I love Siri Daly’s cookbook!
This looks delicious. I’ll be adding this to our list of recipes. Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch.
What size jar of salsa?