Nothing makes me break out in a sweat like a request to bring a side dish. My first stop is always Pinterest and then panic pinning on Pinterest. And that is how I found this butternut squash side dish for the holidays.
Finding a three-ingredient recipe was like a dating app for side dishes. It was an instant match between squash and cinnamon.
If you are part of the Everyday Edits club you know I have a history with off the rails recipes.
My favorite Friends Thanksgiving episode was when Rachel started a recipe for a trifle and by no fault of her own, ended up with a Shepherd’s Pie.
I am more likely to just skip an ingredient or start with one recipe and finish with the recipe directly below the first one I started.
I need Babs in my kitchen. Or my friend Michelle who can create a dinner for her family with the contents of her fridge and pantry.
In my stay calm search for a Butternut squash recipe, I landed on a page of Butternut squash recipes on Pinterest.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPE
- Preheat oven to 400
- Spray baking sheet with with cooking spray (Costco’s cooking spray is my favorite)
- Butternut Squash cubed (okay full disclosure I bought it cubed)
- Cinnamon (1-2 tablespoons
- Maple syrup – 3-4 tablespoons
- Olive oil – drizzle over squash
- Toss the ingredients, spread out on baking sheet
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes (approximately).
- Serve in white casserole dish like my favorites.
Squash is a great recipe because it sounds fancy (versus canned yams) but it is so easy. Now I just need to learn how to grow squash in next year’s garden. I would love if you pinned this recipe for others to follow! Or sign up for The Weekend Edit – an easy, breezy four minute read (delivered to your inbox) on Saturday mornings.