a super easy, fail-proof holiday snack with Hershey Kisses, M & M’s stacked on a pretzel
The only thing that would make these Hershey Kisses, M&M pretzels any more delicious is if you smeared a tablespoon of super chunky peanut butter on top.
Seriously, I am so happy I snagged a few photos of these Hershey Kisses pretzel bites because someone ate my “to be photographed” stash behind the cookbooks.
That’s how yummy these little bites are and they are just so easy to make it’s hard to file them under my recipes.
Why? Because it’s hardly called baking when the oven temperature is set at 175-200 degrees.
And if you have followed me for three days you know I cannot follow a recipe. It is not possible for me to follow each step of any recipe. There are always detours or skipped ingredients or last-minute substitutions.
Always. My girlfriends just about flipped when I told them I often leave the mixer blending to run upstairs and toss in a load of laundry.
What? It’s multi-tasking! Okay, back to these yummy, bite-size Hershey Kisses, M&M’s and pretzel bites.
But these Hershey Kisses & M&M pretzel bites are a bites size amount of salt and chocolate and a little candy coating crunch mixed into the middle. They remind me of these two-ingredient-turtle-bites
I included the recipe, but it’s pretty much pretzels + Hershey Kisses + one M&M. I prefer the waffle-shaped pretzels because it reminds me of “plating” a meal or in this case a chocolate kiss.
HERSHEY KISSES & M&M PRETZELS
CHOCOLATE PRETZEL KISSES
- 30 bag pretzel squares or the crossover ones I prefer the squares to "plate" the Hershey Kiss.
- 30 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- 30 M&M candies (plain, chocolate)
- PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 175-200 DEGREES PLACE 30 PRETZEL SQUARES (WAFFLE SHAPE) ON A BAKING SHEET
- ADD PARCHMENT PAPER TO COOKIE SHEET
- PLACE 30 PRETZELS ON COOKIE SHEET
- ADD HERSHEY KISS TO EACH PRETZEL
- BAKE AT 175-200 FOR 2-3 MINUTES (MY KISSES WOULD NOT MELT SO I INCREASED TEMP TO 200 AND KEPT THEM IN FOR A GOOD 3 MINUTES)
- REMOVE BAKING SHEET AND PLACE 1 M&M IN THE CENTER OF THE HERSHEY KISS + PRETZEL BASE. THIS STEP CAN GET MESSY IF KISSES ARE TOO SOFT. I LOST A FEW HERSHEY KISSES + M& M PRETZEL BITES IN THE BETA TEST VERSION #wink
- COOL. POP IN FRIDGE FOR A 1/2 HOUR TO SET. STORE AWAY FROM FAMILY MEMBERS AND HIDE BEHIND THE BREADCRUMBS. EVERYDAYEDITS.CO
This is a fun read of the history behind the Hershey brand created by Milton Hershey. The Kisses were introduced in 1907 and the history of the name “kisses” is not what you may think.
You can read the history with a little pretzel bite!
Here is one more easy-peasy peanut butter and chocolate treat.
These turtle pretzels are just as good!