Do you know what I love most about these no-bake chocolate and peanut butter cookies? They are pretty much fail-proof which is a big deal if you are a reader of Everyday Edits.
These chocolate, peanut butter, oatmeal and butter cookies require no oven which makes them summer-friendly (actually they are a year-round favorite).
And if you cut back the sugar you can almost call these a no-bake granola bar!
NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
MAKE THESE YOUR GO-TO NO-BAKE COOKIES
I love these cookies and if you have not made these in a while here is my pitch for these no-bake chocolate peanut butter cookies!
- The ingredient list is pantry staples in my kitchen so no drive to Kroger to grab old-fashioned oats.
- No pre-heated oven which makes these cookies a great summer treat.
- With the peanut butter and chocolate combo, one to two cookies is enough.
- These travel well and can be packaged for the holidays! Pin this post for later!
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Large pinch kosher salt
** For my next batch I might decrease the sugar and see if I miss the extra quarter cup of sugar.
If you want a lighter version of this no-bake cookie here is a recipe love to make instead of eating energy bars!
Sidenote: One of my favorite scoopers is from Pampered Chef. I have both sizes and use them all the time.
- Line a baking sheet (or kitchen counter) with wax paper or parchment.
- Bring the sugar, milk, butter and cocoa to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally then let boil for1 a minute. ONE MINUTE!
- Remove from the heat. Add the oats, peanut butter, vanilla and salt, and stir to combine.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, and let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If they last that long!
I ordered these plastic storage containers with lids to organize my pantry and baking cabinet.
I love these pantry labels too!
Let me know if you tweak this recipe. My friend adds coconut and some of my friends skip the cocoa powder! Please pin this to your cookie or dessert boards!