I thought I had baked every possible combo of chocolate, oatmeal and peanut butter. It turned out I was wrong.
Even my son asked about this recipe. He said there was something different about these chocolate, oatmeal, and peanut butter bars.
The secret to these bars was the sweetened condensed milk. It made these so much more than just peanut butter, oats and chocolate.
It does something when the peanut butter and condensed milk blend together. It’s like a dessert tango.
Usually, sweetened condensed milk only comes out of the pantry in December. It’s a staple for the holidays.
So enjoy this easy maybe seven ingredient recipe. I don’t count the staples like baking soda and vanilla.
I made this recipe two weeks ago and set aside a plate, wrapped in cling wrap, which bloggers know is the universal sign that the contents of the plate need to be photographed.
Well, my son thought it was set aside for him so he essentially ate my blog post photos.
Reluctantly, I made another batch of these bars. It did not disappoint the second time which if you follow my recipes on Everyday Edits you know my recipes tend to go off the rails.
But every dessert bar looks better when served in my favorite white dishware. I have these in almost every size. My kids gave them to me for Christmas (I had to take a photo of the aisle in advance). #wink
CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL PEANUT BUTTER BARS
CRUST AND TOPPING
- 2/14 CUPS QUICK OR OLD FASHIONED OATS I PREFER OLD FASHIONED
- 1 1/4 CUPS PACKED BROWN SUGAR
- 1 CUP FLOUR
- 1/2 TSP BAKING SODA
- 1 CUP BUTTER SOFTENED
FILLING (THE GOOD STUFF IN THE MIDDLE)
- 1 14 OZ CAN SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- 1/4 CUP CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
- 1/2 TSP VANILLA
- 1 PACKAGE CHOCOLATE CHIPS I USED MIX OF MILK + SEMI-SWEET
- 1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 350. 2. LINE 9X13 BAKING DISH W / FOIL + SPRAY W/ COOKING SPRAY3. COMBINE CRUST + TOPPING INGREDIENTS IN LARGE BOWL.4. MIX WITH MIXER UNTIL CRUMBLY. 5. RESERVE 2 CUPS OF THE CRUMBLY MIXTURE + PRESS REST IN BAKING DISH6. MIX SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK, PEANUT BUTTER + VANILLA IN BOWL.7. POUR + SPREAD EVENLY OVER THE CRUST 8. ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS (I USE COMBO OF MILK AND SEMI-SWEET) + ADD THE RESERVED CRUST AS TOPPING OVER CHOCOLATE CHIPS 9. BAKE FOR 25-30 MINUTES UNTIL LIGHTLY BROWN AROUND THE EDGES.10. COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE CUTTING INTO BARS.
Thanks for stopping by today! Would love if you pinned these bars.
And, if you are looking for something a little lighter try these yummy peanut butter bites.
And these toffee bars are super yummy!