If my sister is reading this post she already knows I did not follow the recipe. With this many ingredients for the chocolate chip peanut butter banana cookies recipe’s title, my sister knows I did not have all of the ingredients. And she would be correct. Because with this recipe from Siri Daly’s family-friendly, cookbook,
On a side note, Siri is also a Today Show contributor. I have made several of her recipes and every one of her recipes has been a home run! You can check
CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA COOKIES
For these chocolate chip peanut butter and banana cookies, I had almost all the ingredients for these puffy cookies. And, because I had almost all the ingredients I was not going to let the absence of two bananas stand in the way. I assumed the bananas added flavor and moisture so my only substitution options were Greek (vanilla) yogurt or sour cream. I went with the yogurt.
If you have followed me for a hot minute you know my recipes tend to go sideways.
It was in my fridge.
- 2 RIPE BANANAS I substituted Greek yogurt
- 1/2 CUP UNSALTED BUTTER, SOFTENED
- 1/2 CUP CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
- 1/2 CUP PACKED DARK BROWN SUGAR **substituted with light
- 1 TSP. VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 LARGE EGG
- 1/2 CUP SUGAR
- 1/4 CUP SUGAR
- 2 CUPS FLOUR
- 1/2 TSP. BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 TSP. BAKING SODA
- 1/4 TSP. KOSHER SALT
- 1 TSP CINNAMON
- CUP SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS *I mixed 1/2 milk & semi-sweet
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Add the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla, egg, and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Stir to combine. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture. Stir to combine. Add chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1/2 an hour. Preheat oven to 350. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Drop the chilled dough 2″ apart, onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for about 10 minutes until the cookies are golden brown. Cool on a baking rack! These are really good!
And, whatever ingredients you add or substitute these cookies are amazing! The boys in the house ate the batch of chocolate chip peanut butter banana cookies before the next morning!
These cookies require 30 minutes to chill in the refrigerator so there is no excuse not to clean up the baking aftermath!
Sometimes the best recipes include edits, just like our best days! Thank you for stopping by as I build a new brand with fun content and better images. Scroll below for Siri Daly’s recipe. My substitution is noted too!
If you need a new cookie sheet! This is my favorite Made in USA air bake baking sheet!