Sharing super easy ways to decorate a small space, apartment or small space with ribbon for Christmas
This is the time of year when budgets stretch with the Christmas spirit. Pinterest provides us with an endless stream of decor envy. Some decor enthusiasts are in the far left lane for Christmas decor. If I win the lottery I would venture into the left lane too. If you follow my crafts on my Youtube channel you know Everyday Edits is a one-woman operation. These super easy ideas on how to decorate with ribbon are for those of us that grab a wreath from Kroger is the extent of the decor. Here are a few decor ideas for small spaces and budgets. All you need is a roll of ribbon. I am a a new fan of wired ribbon too!
Who do you know in your life who wants (needs) a little help with Christmas decor? Maybe a parent living in a downsized home or assisted living or a child living in her/his first apartment? Or a son or daughter in graduate school who could use a little Christmas cheer for their small space?
I shared these ideas when my daughter moved into her first place (a condo in downtown Denver). It’s tiny. And that got me thinking about one of my favorite decor staples for seasonal decor in small spaces.
WHY RIBBON IS A DECOR STAPLE FOR SMALL SPACES
One of the issues with small living spaces is the lack of storage. Currently, our garage holds our kids’ ski gear.
- All types of ribbon can be stored in a bathroom vanity or in the pantry behind the salsa.
- Ribbon is affordable. One roll can decorate multiple items and make your space feel like Christmas in minutes.
- It can be reused or repurposed every year.
- Everyone has ribbon they want to unload. Check out ebay.
- Don’t overthink it. Just try it.
This doesn’t have to be the year you decorate an 8-foot tree with a wired ribbon. Baby steps.
IDEAS TO USE RIBBON IN DECOR
Here are a few quick ideas on ways to use ribbon in decor. Now if you have a grandparent or parent who lives in a small space you can make these ahead and drop them off at their home. It will bring a smile.
These ideas work with wired and unwired ribbons.
- Grab 3 salad plates and wrap ribbon around them. Place them on your counter or table and boom!
- Use a bucket, recycled plastic container or paper bag and wrap a ribbon around it (you may need to cover it with something first like this easy idea). Add greenery, branches or flowers for a instant Christmas porch or entry planter display.
- Look at the stuff on your bookshelves or kitchen counters? Can you round up a few books or albums and wrap a wired ribbon around them?
- Grab a few branches (get them at your parents house if you don’t have a yard) . Or ask an arborist for a few branches (read my story here).
The secret to decorating with ribbon for Christmas or any holiday is to start with one roll of ribbon and a pair of scissors. That’s it! Put on a little music and find three items to wrap with ribbon.
I would love it if you shared this with your nieces, sons, daughters who may need a little Christmas cheer this time of year. Maybe send them a roll of wired ribbon and ask for pics!