With three summer holidays to celebrate our country and military service members, it was time for a new dessert. I found it with this red, white, and blue cake.
I love to decorate my home and porch with red, white and blue from Memorial Day to Labor Day, but it was time to add a new dessert.
This is my go-to red, white and blue dessert for the summer holidays, but this 4 ingredient dump cake is a new favorite recipe. If you are a regular here at Everyday Edits you know my recipes tend to go sideways.
4-INGREDIENT RED, WHITE, AND BLUE DUMP CAKE
That’s it! 4 ingredients and 45 minutes to make and bake this moist, yellow cake. Make sure to read my notes after the recipe.
- Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish (I use these baking dishes all the time) (use a smaller dish if you want a denser cake) with cooking spray
- Melt butter
- Add butter to the cake mix and lightly mix. Set aside for 1 minute.
- Add (dump) the blueberry and cherry pie filling.
- Pour the cake batter over the blueberry and cherry filling.
- Lightly toss the batter to cover the pie filling.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. **
I baked for 40 minutes because I have a fussy oven. I would add the 5 minutes listed in the direction. The extra five minutes would help set the cake. The two full cans of pie filling were a little much, but I think that is where the extra 5 minutes would have set the cake.
It was a hit for the holiday weekend. I served it in Ramekins like these. Ramekins are perfect for portion control!
I served it with forks, but spoons would work with a side of ice cream.
Thank you for stopping by today. I would love it if you pinned this for others to find!